Whether you have planned the perfect Father’s Day activity or found the perfect Father’s Day gift, don't forget that a thoughtful greeting card filled with warm messages of love and thanks is one of the best presents you can give him. Father’s Day is the perfect occasion to share your personal sentiments & quotes that resonate most in your relationship with your dad. These messages are even more wonderful when you write them inside beautifully crafted pop-up cards!
Stumped on what to say? Check out 4 tips to write the perfect Father's Day message plus 25 meaningful Father's Day wishes to help you compose the perfect card for Dad.
How to Write the Perfect Father's Day Card Message
1. Find a way to connect
Remind dad that you're a chip off the old block. Whether, you've got the same taste in retro fishing gear or you've played his vinyl copy of "Abbey Road" to shreds, giving dad props for passing on his knowledge, favorites, and quirks is one way to say you care.
To the man who threw me my first pitch...
To my grandfather, who gave me the love of the great outdoors...
To my partner, who reminds me that parenting takes patience and care...
Reach down deep and let your squishy, vulnerable side show. This is the time to tell the dad in your life how you really feel and what they mean to you. Infuse each word with love. You might not get all the feels down the first time, but remember, there's no "wrong" when you write from the heart.
You mean so much to everyone in our family. We love you.
Dad, you mean so much to me every day.
I don't say this enough, but I love you, dad.
3. Say "thanks" — and really mean it
So many dads make a huge impact on our lives -- stepdads, uncles, grandfathers, godfathers, spouses -- but tell him why he matters. Saying "thank you" with love, gratitude, and respect is often the best gift of all, and don't be afraid to get specific, sappy, or silly.
Thank you Uncle Tom for teaching me all of your killer dance moves.
Thanks grandpa for passing on your incredible work ethic — and the ability to grow a handlebar mustache.
I know how to be a great father because of you. I am so grateful for you, dad.
4. Tell him just how much you appreciate him
In addition to thanks and gratitude, recognize dad for all the ways he makes your life more magical. Because he's not just a role model, he's a friend. Maybe he's the life of the party, maybe he's the all-knowing (but hilarious) source of wisdom, maybe he's Mr. Fix-It who always arrives with a toolbox in hand. Maybe he's all of the above! (Probably!) No matter what, there's no better time than now to tell dad that all the things he does that make your life a little more wonderful.
Dad, our family is so much stronger because we have you to look up to.
You make every holiday, birthday, and celebration one to remember. Grandpa, you are always my guest of honor.
My life is richer and more blessed because I have you dad.
Happy Father's Day Wishes
Father's Day Messages to Dad
- Dad. You have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father's Day!
- Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one. You are the best man I know. Happy Father's Day!
- Dad. Although time and distance may separate us, your guidance, advice, and love has stuck with me through it all. I would not be who I am today without you. Enjoy your special day.
- The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you. You have provided stability in my life and the love and acceptance I needed. Happy Father's Day!
- Happy Father's Day to my hero and role model. Thank you for everything you have done for our family. We love you with all our hearts.
- Now that I’m older, I do understand. You were right, Dad. Thank you for all of your words of wisdom & especially your patience. Happy Father’s Day!
- Everyone thinks their dad is the best, but I know that can’t be true…because you are! Thank you so much for being the Best Father in the Galaxy. I love you, Dad!
- You know what I love, Dad? How we don’t even have to say it out loud, but we just know I’m your favorite. You’re the best! Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to our number one! Thank you for who you are & all you do. You deserve the best day ever!
- Happy Good-Excuse-to-Go-Golfing Day, Dad! Hope your day is as fun as you are. Love you!
Happy Father's Day QuotesYou may want to include a beautiful quote. These can help you connect with your dad on a deeper level. Here are the best of the best to express the importance of your dad’s role in your life:
- “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” –Charles Wadsworth
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” –Atoine-François Prévost
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” –Jim Valvano
- “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” –Umberto Eco
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” –Dan Pearce
- Life has given us a wonderful family, a happy home, and love for each other. Most importantly, it has given us each other. I am so grateful to have you as my husband. Happy Father's Day.
- You are so full of compassion, love, and strength. When we need a strong hand of support in our family, you are always there. I love you for being who you are and for all that you do. Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful husband and father!
- One day is not enough to honor how special of a father you truly are because you are amazing every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do. I love you!
- You give our children someone to admire, respect, and honor. You are a fantastic dad. Happy Father’s Day to my loving husband!
- Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life. I love our family and I love you!
- May your special day be a one of peace, happiness, and love! Happy Father’s Day, Grandfather!
- It's grand to have someone like you in our family! Happy Father's Day Grandad!
- In this busy world, we sometimes forget to say what's in our hearts. But today seems perfect, Grandpa, for telling you how much you'll always mean to me. Thank you for being a father and grandfather to our family!
- A grandfather holds a special place in our hearts... right where all the love is! Enjoy your special day, we love you Grandpa!
- When I think of all the blessings in my life, Grandpa, You are right there at the very the top of the list! Happy Farther's Day!