Father’s Day is sneaking up on us quickly. If you don’t know what to get your husband for Father's Day, or just need to add the perfect touch to your already amazing gift, you can never go wrong with a thoughtfully written greeting card. Picking out a card is easy - sometimes writing how much someone means to us is the most difficult part. Lovepop has put together a list of 15 meaningful Father’s Day messages for your husbands to help you compose the perfect card.
As a bonus, check out eight tips to make his day even more special.
Father's Day Messages for Husbands
- I loved you when I met you. Now that you are the father to our children, I love you more than ever. Happy Father’s Day to the best dad and husband!
- You are my rock, my sounding board, the love of my life, but most importantly you are the greatest father to our children. Happy Father’s Day, I love you.
- You and I know how much you love to go fishing, so I thought this fishing card was the best way to remind you how much I love you! And… yes before you ask… you can go fishing.
- Life isn’t always easy, but there is no one that I would rather celebrate the good times with and weather the storms with. Happy Father’s Day.
- The only thing better than having you by my side as my husband, is having you as our children’s father. Happy Father’s Day Sweetheart.
- You were there holding my hand on our first date, holding my hand during the birth of our babies, and now you continue to hold my hand through this beautiful thing we call life. I can’t imagine anyone else being there to hold my hand. Happy Father’s Day.
- Keep calm, daddy’s home! Thank you for being the best you can be every day. Happy Father’s Day!
- Wishing you the best Father’s Day filled with the things you love, so that you may cherish this special day in the years to come.
- Being a good father can easily go unnoticed, yet it is one of the most valuable assets to a family. Here’s to celebrating you today and every other day of the year. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest father, husband, protector and friend.
- Thanks for loving me unconditionally even on the days when the house is a disaster, dishes fill up the sink and the kids *plus mama* look like they have been playing at a zoo all day! Happy Father’s Day!
- We hope you feel as special every other day of the year as you do today! Happy Father’s Day to the best Dad out there! We love you!
- You fill the gaps to my weaknesses, I fill the gaps to your weaknesses, for that I am thankful. Without you I wouldn’t have someone to open the jar lids that are too tight, without me you wouldn’t be able to find the milk. In the refrigerator. On the top shelf. Behind the pickles. Yes, the top shelf. Oh great, you found it! Happy Father’s Day, I will always be here to help you find the milk.
- I still get butterflies when I see you interact with our children. Thank you for being such an amazing father and husband. Happy Father’s Day!
- Your love reflects in the eyes of our children, they beam with joy when you enter the room. I adore you and am so blessed to have a respectful, hardworking husband. Happy Father’s Day.
8 Ways to Make Father’s Day Special For Your Husband
Whether your husband is a brand new father or a seasoned pro, gifting him with something extra this Father’s Day will make the memories extra special - in addition to a beautifully worded card message. Let your husband know that not only is he the best spouse, but he’s an even better father to your children. Tell him how much you admire and appreciate him by trying out one of these thoughtful gestures below:
1. Fill his heart with positive words of affirmation
Have you heard of words of affirmation? These are words that communicate your love, appreciation, and respect for another person. They're positive words and phrases used to uplift someone. What better day to shower your husband with words of love than on Father’s Day? Get the kids involved by asking them to think of all of the reasons why they love dad. Having a genuine, heart-felt conversation is sure to bring a big smile to your husband’s face.
2. Cook his favorite meal
Everyone loves a home cooked meal, and your husband is likely no exception to this! Think about your husband’s favorite meal, and spend some time thoughtfully cooking it and taking the time to eat it together. Adding some extra touches such as candles, dessert, and your best dinnerware will also bring a touch of romance to the meal. If your children are at the right age to help, consider including them in the cooking. That way, your husband will know that the whole family made a special effort on his behalf.
3. Reflect on the good memories of fatherhood with him
Do you remember the first memory of your husband becoming a new parent? Perhaps it was when he held your newborn in his arms, or when he brought your baby home from the hospital for the first time. Igniting these memories in your husband is guaranteed to make Father’s Day that more special to him. You could even go further and create a photo album including all of these beautiful memories for him to look back on.
4. Pamper him
Although we mostly associate pampering days with females, that doesn’t mean that husbands don’t like them too! Maybe expensive haircuts or pedicures aren’t his thing, but you could still treat him to a nice pampering day. Book him in for a massage followed by some relaxing treatments such as a facial. Or, if this is out of your budget, offer him a DIY style massage and facial!
5. Bring him breakfast in bed
Breakfast in bed never goes out of style, because who doesn’t love being brought a delicious breakfast to enjoy from the comfort of their own bed?! Whether your husband prefers granola, pancakes or the full American-style breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausages and toast, treat him to his favorite first meal of the day in bed. Add an extra touch of cuteness by asking your kids to help bring him breakfast - so the whole family can enjoy spoiling dad!
6. Plan an escape to the great outdoors
Is your husband the outdoorsy type? If so, plan to hit the road and explore all the wonders that Mother Nature has to offer! Hit up his favorite trail, hike, or even walk, and bring the kids, too. Not only will you be creating new memories with your husband, you’ll also bring a smile to his face with fresh air and a new adventure.
7. Allow him to unwind
Although it’s important to spend time with your husband, it’s equally important to let him unwind throughout the day too. This might mean throwing a football around, playing basketball, fishing, reading a book, or simply catching up with his favorite TV show. Whatever he wants to do, just make sure he gets some uninterrupted time to do it!8. Spoil him with the perfect card
Have you ever received a card so beautiful that it was like a work of art? The type of card that was so thoughtful, that you cherished it forever? Give this kind of card to your husband to make his Father’s Day extra special! Here are some of our personal favorites:
- For the truck-lovin’ dad: give him truckloads of love with this pop-up card, adorned with hearts and the cutest red truck.
- For your #1 dad: tell your husband that no one beats him in the father stakes with this #1 Dad Pop-Up Card, complete with a blue foam finger pops up, showing that he is indeed number one!
- For the dog-lover dad: is your husband "dog crazy’’?! Surprise him with the cutest pooch-inspired card.
From crafting a beautifully written card message, to giving your husband words of affirmation or a thoughtful act of service, this Father’s Day is guaranteed to be special with these kind gestures. From all of us at Lovepop, Happy Father’s Day!