Being sick is no fun. Unfortunately, at one point or another, each of us has experienced being ill or injured. When you feel sick it sometimes seems as if nothing we do can make the pain or suffering ease. This is why writing get well cards to loved ones who are hurting can be a powerful tool to perk their spirits and make them feel thought of.
Sometimes it can be difficult to think of what to say to someone who is sick. They've probably heard "Get Well Soon" 100 times already -- how monotonous can you get? Also, illnesses range from the common cold, to a broken arm, to a terminal disease. However, the one thing that these situations have in common is how appreciated your mail will be. Here are some things to remember when you're writing your card.
Tips for Writing Get Well Wishes1. Consider the circumstances. Thinking about the person you are sending the card to and what situation they are facing is very important. For someone who is dealing with a temporary issue like the flu or a broken foot, saying "Get well soon!" is appropriate. However, you may want to avoid sending this message to someone who is suffering from a terminal illness or facing permanent life changes. They may not be able to recover so quickly and this can be a depressing reminder. Some other messages you may want to consider:
- Thinking of you during your difficult time. I hope you have the only the best of care. Please know you are in my prayers.
- I am so sorry you're going through this. Please know I am just a phone call away if you ever want to chat or need a shoulder to lean on.
- Sending all of our love and support your way. May today be better than yesterday. Please know you are surrounded by caring thoughts.
- Your strength and resiliency during this battle is amazing. I have always admired your courage and ability to handle any situation with grace. We can't wait to see you well again soon.
- We truly miss your vibrant smile and positive attitude. We send our warmest thoughts as you continue to heal.
- Sending you healing thoughts and a little sunshine to brighten your day. I hope today brings you one step closer to your recovery!
3. Offer help (if possible). When writing your card, try to avoid phrases like "If there's anything I can do to help just let me know." More than likely, the person will not ask. Instead, offer specific things you are willing and able to take care of:
- I am so sorry about your broken leg! I would love to come over on the weekends to mow your lawn and take care of your garden until you make a full recovery.
- It really stinks that hospitals don't have Netflix. I'd love to come over with my laptop so we can binge-watch House of Cards together until you feel better!
- I would love to help you out during this difficult time. Please let me know if you need me to walk your dogs, drive you to appointments, or cook you dinner. Give me a call anytime!
4. Choose the perfect card. The get well card you choose doesn't have to be a traditional floral themed one. Our assortment leaves it up to you. Is the recipient a sports fan? Perhaps you know an animal lover who could use some cheering up? There is a card for every lifestyle. Pick the one you feel is most likely to bring a much-needed smile to the recipient's face.
5. Consider adding a gift card. A get well card can be a gift in and of itself, but combined with a gift card inside it might be the sweetest surprise a friend or loved one has received in a while.
Get Well Soon Message Starters
Heartfelt Get Well Messages:
- Wishing you all of the love and support you need to feel better soon.
- Thinking of you lots and wishing for a quick recovery.
- Sending lots of hugs and love your way.
- Remember to take things one day at a time!
- We're sending you all of the good and healthy vibes.
- Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery.
- We love you very much! Feel better soon! Xoxoxo
- We hope you start feeling better soon so that you can come back to ___!
- You're one of the strongest and bravest people I know! You'll get through this, I promise!
- May you bounce back to your normal day to day like soon enough!
- You're truly an inspiration! Keep fighting and holding onto positive thoughts.
- I hope each day brings you more strength and smiles.
- From sunrise to sunset each day, you'll be in my thoughts!
- An illness may come and go, but our friendship will always be forever strong. Feel better buddy, I miss your company!
- You mean the world to me. Take time to rest and feel good! I'm always here for you!
Funny Get Well Messages:
- Apparently, laughter is the best medicine -- good thing I'm hilarious!
- Being sick is no fun. Will you hurry up and get better already? I'm bored!
- If only my magician friend could fix your ___, we would have been out of here by now.
- Being in the hospital is no fun. Let's hope they kick you out of here pretty soon!
- I read your prescription. It sounds like you're required to have a daily dose of your best friend's company. Lucky you!
- I miss seeing you every day! Get better soon so that I'm not so lonely.
- I hope you're not as contagious as your smile is! Keep smiling!
- This sickness if funny if it thinks it can beat you. You're one of the strongest people I know! Joke's on the sickness.
- I guess you forgot to eat your daily apple -- you had to visit the doctor! I hope you have a quick recovery!
- It's not the same without you around here. No one makes snacks, cleans, or takes the trash out! Get better soon, we miss you!
- I always thought you were kind of invincible. Now I know that you're human too! Cheers to hoping you feel better soon!
- Get well soon so you can come home and eat a decent meal!
- We all miss you and can't wait for you to come home -- even the dog!
- I hope your tail is back to wagging soon!
- Wishing you sleep, rest, and recovery. (You'll have a hard time getting that at home, so take advantage of it!)
Puns of Fun:
- You'll be feline better in no time!
- The magical powers of this unicorn will ensure you feel better soon!
- You'll be flying out of this hospital in no time!
- I want you to know that I'm always ear for you!
- I truly be-leaf that you will feel better soon enough!
No matter what the case, sending out a get-well card is one of the surest ways to brighten the day of someone who isn't feeling their best. Being sick can make you feel lonely and frustrated. Knowing that you have a support system makes the process seem not so daunting, so don't be afraid to reach out!
Looking for a card that will really bring extra brightness to someone's day? Check out Lovepop's collection of brilliant pop-up cards. They are a great gift that your recipient can admire for years to come!
I just finding best get well soon pop up cards, on the internet and by luck, I just found the best thing on this website, Thank You So Much