Mother's Day morning sees thousands of kids making Mom breakfast in bed, but there is another important set of mothers who deserve some love and attention on Mother's Day — grandmothers! A beautiful card is an ideal gift companion to celebrate the grandmothers in your life. Make sure to complete it with a special note from you to Grandma. To help you out, we've compiled a list of 10 Mother's Day card messages and 15 charming quotes you can use to make your card something she'll never forget.
Happy Mother's Day Messages to Grandma
A personal message can be a great way to express your love and admiration. You can include personal memories, or describe some of your favorite things that make Grandma special. Here are 10 ideas to help get you started:
Messages from Grandchildren
Filling a card with Happy Mother's Day messages to Grandma can be the perfect way for grandchildren to contribute to her special day. Here are a few messages that grandchildren might include:
- Happy (Grand)Mother's Day, Grandma. Thank you for always being there for me and for being the best grandma a kid could ask for. Much love.
- Dear Grandma, whenever I smell fresh-baked cookies, hear songs from old musicals, or see a half-solved Sudoku puzzle, I think of you and how much I love you. Happy Mother's Day.
- For my grandmother, Mom always says she was lucky to have you as a mom, but I know that I'm really the lucky one because I get her as a mom and you as a grandma. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Messages from Children
Parents can use Mother's Day card messages to Grandma to express how important she is as both a mother and a grandmother. Here are a few examples:
- To my dearest mother, and my children's grandmother, you are our rock and I am so grateful for the way you hold this family together.
- Dear Mom, You showed me how to be a wonderful parent from the day I was born. Now, I can pass that on to my dear children. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day.
- Happy Mother's Day to the woman who never stopped being a marvelous parent to me, even after she became a grandparent. With much gratitude and love, yours truly.
Messages from the Family
This special holiday is the perfect opportunity for adults and children alike to honor the matriarchs of their families and shower Grandma with a little extra love. Here are some messages from the whole family that you could include in your Mother's Day wishes to Grandma:
- Happy Mother's Day to the best mother and grandmother out there. You always make us feel like kings and queens when we come to visit. Love from the family.
- What do you call someone who is kind, smart, caring, and sweet all at once? We call her Grandma. Happy Mother's Day.
- Dear Grandma, we're all thinking of you on this special day. We love you and can't wait to see you this summer.
- Wishing a very happy Mother's Day to our all-time favorite Nana. We love you to the moon and back.
Mother's Day Quotes for Grandma
Looking for another way to bring a smile to Grandma's face when she opens your card on Mother's Day? Try including a quote. Many talented writers have reflected on grandmothers and what makes them important. To make it even more special, you can even find a quote from her favorite author, actor, or historical figure, or pull one from a special movie you've watched together. Here are 15 touching quotes you could include as part of your Mother's Day wishes to Grandma:
A profound sentiment about the impact of a grandmother can make her Mother's Day card truly special. Here are a few touching quotes you could include:
- "Every house needs a grandmother in it." - Louisa May Alcott
- "Grandmother's always have time to talk and make you feel special." - Catherine Pulsifer
- "Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love." - Janet Lanese
- "To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children: Never doubt your importance." - Mary-Lou Rosengren
- "Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children." - Alex Haley
Quotes Defining "Grandmother"
The word "grandmother" means something special to each of us. Finding a quote that sums up your own relationship with the grandma in your family can be a great strategy for your message:
- "A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes." - Barbara Cage
- "Grandmother. The true power behind the power." - Lisa Birnbach
- "A grandmother is both a sword and a shield." Fredrick Backman
- "The coach, the counselor, the cuddler, the friend, the caregiver, the reconciler or the dazzler of sweet temptations are all natural and becoming roles that this grandmother plays with the skill of a master symphony director." - Byron Pulsifer
- "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." - Erma Bombeck
Funny Mother's Day Quotes for Grandmas
If Grandma is the silly one in your family, she might appreciate a Mother's Day card that combines a heartfelt message with a humorous sentiment. Here are a few to consider:
- "As I learned from growing up, you don't mess with your grandmother." - Prince William
- "If nothing is going well, call your grandmother." - Italian proverb
- "We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence. Grandmother was that person to me." - Phyllis Theroux
- "A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do." - Lois Wyse
- "You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
If you're putting together the perfect Mother's Day surprise for Grandma, a beautiful card with a thoughtful note might make a perfect addition. We hope these messages and quotes have helped inspire you as you reflect on what makes your grandmother special, and how to share that with her this year. Happy Mother's Day!